Juvederm XC / Ultra Plus / Voluma
Over time, your skin loses elasticity, which contributes to moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth. While serums and creams work on the skin’s surface
What is JUVÉDERM® XC?
JUVÉDERM® XC is manufactured using HYLACROSS™technology, creating a smooth-consistency gel. It is infused with lidocaine to improve comfort during treatment. With JUVÉDERM® XC you get the smooth results you expect, with the improved comfort you want.Ω.
Everyone will notice, but no one will know.
Where Does It Work?
Everyone’s skin ages differently and JUVÉDERM® XC may be used to rejuvenate multiple problem areas.* From smile lines to vertical lip lines, you can smooth away unwanted wrinkles and restore natural contours. Learn more about the individual treatment areas by rolling over the list below.
Why JUVÉDERM® XC?
JUVÉDERM® XC is the ONLY hyaluronic acid (HA) filler FDA approved* to last up to one year with one treatment (did we just say a year?).† That’s right, up to a year.
It’s smooth and more comfortable.
Not all HA dermal fillers are created equal. Only JUVÉDERM® is so smooth. Other hyaluronic acid fillers currently on the market are made of granular consistency gels, but our unique manufacturing process (HYLACROSS™) creates a smooth-consistency gel that flows easily into the skin and provides a smooth, natural look and feel—so everyone will notice (but no one will know)!
It’s safe and effective for different skin types.
JUVÉDERM® injectable gel is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that has proven its safety and effectiveness in persons of color. Studies with JUVÉDERM® showed no increased risk of hyperpigmentation or hypertrophic scarring in patients of color.
One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to wrinkle treatment. A customized treatment plan is important for achieving the best results. That’s why JUVÉDERM® XC is available in two formulations—JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC for versatility in contouring and volumizing facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC, a more robust formulation for volumizing and correcting deeper folds and facial wrinkles. This allows your healthcare professional to tailor treatment to meet your unique needs.
For more information call our office.
What is it?
JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC injectable gel is a colorless hyaluronic acid gel that contains a small quantity of local anesthetic (lidocaine) and is injected into facial tissue to smooth wrinkles and folds, especially around the nose and mouth. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar found in the human body. The role of hyaluronic acid in the skin is to deliver nutrients, hydrate the skin by holding in water, and to act as a cushioning agent. The role of lidocaine is to reduce the pain associated with injections into the skin.
What does it do?
JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC temporarily adds volume to facial tissue and restores a smoother appearance to the face. The lidocaine in the gel improves the comfort of the injection.
How is it used?
JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC is injected into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur. It temporarily adds volume to the skin and may give the appearance of a smoother surface.
What will it accomplish?
JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC injectable gel will help to smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Most patients need 1 treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing, and the results last about 1 year.
What are possible side effects?
Most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and their duration is short lasting (7 days or less). The most common side effects include, but are not limited to, temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration. As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
Rarely, vision abnormalities have been reported after treatment with JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC. Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus (contraindications)? Your physician will ask about your medical history to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for treatment. The product should not be used in patients who have:
• Severe allergies marked by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies
• A history of allergies to lidocaine or Gram-positive bacterial proteins What should my physician warn me about? The safety and effectiveness for the treatment of areas other than facial wrinkles and folds (such as lips) have not been established in controlled clinical studies. What precautions should my physician advise me about?
The following are important treatment considerations for you to discuss with your physician and understand in order to help avoid unsatisfactory results and complications.
• Patients who are using substances that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, as with any injection, may experience increased bruising or bleeding at injection site. You should inform your physician before treatment if you are using these types of substances
• If laser treatment, chemical peeling, or any other procedure based on active dermal response is considered after treatment with JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC, there is a possible risk of an inflammatory reaction at the treatment site
• JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC injectable gel should be used with caution in patients on immunosuppressive therapy, or therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as there may be an increased risk of infection
• The safety for use during pregnancy, in breast-feeding females, or in patients under 18 years has not been established
• The safety in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
Wrinkles and lines aren’t the only signs of aging. Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by a natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years, the safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in patients under 22 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in areas other than the cheek area, JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC for areas other than facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with this product may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most commonly reported side effects with JUVÉDERM® injectable gels included injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, dryness was also reported. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, most side effects were moderate and lasted 2 to 4 weeks. For JUVÉDERM® XC, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 14 days or less. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 30 days or less.One of the risks with using these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.